When you’re planning that much-needed vacation to the beach the last thing you want is for it to be raining. But there are plenty of things to do in Myrtle Beach — even when it’s raining out — so it’s not a wash out. From the indoor amenities that come with all of our Myrtle Beach vacation rentals to the list we’ve provided below of the top 10 things to do in Myrtle Beach when it rains, you’ll have lots of choices. The best part is that they’re all just a short distance from where you’ll be staying.
1. Take the day and drive along the coast, stopping to visit all the specialty shops along the way.
2. Spend the day shopping at one of our three enclosed malls at Coastal Grand Mall, Inlet Square Mall, or Myrtle Beach Mall, then stay for a leisurely dinner.
3. Take the family bowling!
4. Go to an indoor movie theatre.
5. Visit Ripley’s Aquarium in Myrtle Beach
6. Check out what very well could be the best gaming center your family has ever experienced — MagiQuest, at 1185 Celebrity Circle Myrtle Beach.
7. Drive to Calabash and experience first hand what Calabash Seafood is all about.
8. Take the kids to WonderWorks, an indoor amusement park for the mind with over 100 interactive exhibits.
9. Take in a live performance at Palace Theatre, The Carolina Opry or Legends in Concert.
10. Visit Ripley’s Believe It or Not, 901 North Ocean Boulevard Myrtle Beach. Experience five unique attractions that include Ripley’s Believe It or Not Odditorium, Ripley’s Aquarium, a 5D Moving Theatre, the bone-chilling Haunted Adventure, and the Marvelous Mirror Maze.
With so many things to experience around Myrtle Beach, you’ll never come up short on fun things to do with the family, even when it’s raining.