Warm beaches. Cool waters. Interesting things to do. Budget conscious hotel rooms. Friendly local residents. We may be a little biased, but we think Myrtle Beach is a fabulous destination for your babymoon!
Make the most of your last big trip before the two of you become the three of you with these tried and true tips:
1) Travel smart. Consult your physician for a personal recommendation, but The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) advises that the safest time for most pregnant women to travel is between 18 and 24 weeks (second trimester.) If you will be flying to Myrtle Beach, check with your airline to ensure they will allow you on the plane. When driving, be sure to adjust your seat and seatbelt for the best fit according to the latest safety standards.
2) Map out the nearest hospital to your hotel. While the vast majority of women won’t need to see a doctor during their trip, a little peace of mind can go a long way. Sit down with your partner and study the local area, noting local ERs and clinics in advance of your arrival. Hint: The nearest hospital to Horizon at 77th is Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, 1.8 miles (4 minutes) away.
3) Plan out to do things in advance that require minimal walking. Luckily, there’s plenty to see and do in Myrtle Beach that fits this bill. Lounge on the beach. Float in the pool. Ride the SkyWheel. Catch a performance at The Carolina Opry. Take a scenic drive down Ocean Boulevard – or one of the many other non-strenuous activities in our beachside town!
4) Wear comfortable, well-broken in shoes with arch support. Like it or not, you will need to walk at least a little during your visit. When you do, opt for practical over stylish. In the past, flip-flops and heels might have been all you needed for a vacation, but this time pack the tennis shoes. You’ll thank us later!
5) Treat yourself to some time alone. We know, we know. The purpose of this trip is to spend time together with your sweetheart. But this may be the last chance you both truly have to both be carefree at the same time in quite some time. Schedule some activities to enjoy apart – you get a massage while he goes fishing or plays golf. It will make coming together again at dinnertime to discuss your adventures that much more romantic!