Although the extraordinary beaches and fantastic water amenities of Myrtle Beach are one-of-a-kind, we know what you’re really thinking: What can I do in Myrtle Beach that I can’t do anywhere else? What is 100% unique about The Grand Strand and the surrounding area? Here are five popular and unique Myrtle Beach attractions:
1. Broadway at the Beach: For all kinds of entertainment, nothing beats Broadway at the Beach! At once both a theme park and outdoor mall, this area offers everything from excellent shopping and dining to unforgettable attractions like Ripley’s Aquarium, MagiQuest, a zipline, helicopter rides, a movie theater and much more.
2. Myrtle Beach Boardwalk & Promenade: Tourists and residents alike find dozens of activities for children, teens and adults along this beloved wood and concrete walkway. Stroll 1.2 miles past everything from arcades and gift shops to restaurants and bars. And be sure to ride the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel – a first-of-its-kind ferris wheel whose 42 climate controlled and fully enclosed gondolas soar 200-feet above sea level and overlook the Atlantic Ocean.
3. The Carolina Opry: Legendary voices, intricate dances and dazzling special effects come together in thrilling performances like none other in South Carolina. Each two-hour show offers high-energy entertainment that mixes humor with musical genres such as rock ‘n roll, country, pop hits, gospel and more!
4. Local Outdoor Events & Performances: Whether you prefer live music, art shows, historical festivals, fishing tournaments or something else entirely, you’re sure to find a unique event happening in Myrtle Beach during your visit! View the full Visit Myrtle Beach Calendar of Special Events
5. Family Kingdom Amusement Park & Oceanfront Water Park: Part carnival, part theme park, Family Kingdom is fun for everyone! A true seaside amusement park, it offers over 30 rides, from bumper cars to roller coasters. Next door, you’ll find Splashes, Myrtle Beach’s only oceanfront water park right on the beach! Cruise down speed slides or flumes, float slowly down the lazy river and treat the kids to the children’s play areas.
So, the next time someone asks, “When was the last time you did something truly unique?”, you can quickly tell them “At Myrtle Beach!”
*Looking for affordable accommodations in Myrtle Beach? Grande Shores Ocean Resort offers free Wi-Fi, comfortable guest rooms, designer furnishings and more.