Home to world-renown beaches and some of the best golf courses in the state, The Strand is a popular summer destination for families, couples and college students. But did you know that there are also plenty of other things to do in Myrtle Beach during the winter months?
Here are 10 of our favorite things to do year-round:
1. Ride the Myrtle Beach Skywheel 200 feet above sea level for beautiful views of the ocean by day and sparkling city lights by night.
2. Explore unique attractions at Broadway at the Beach like the Backstage Mirror Maze, MagiQuest, WonderWorks and Helicopter Adventures.
3. Catch a comedy show at Comedy Cabana or the Carolina Improv Company!
4. See hundreds of ocean creatures as you walk along glass-walled tunnels, pet stingrays and horseshoe crabs, and much more at Ripley’s Aquarium .
5. Experience the glitz, glitter and glam of The Carolina Opry – a theatric musical performance unmatched by any other in the state.
6. Indulge your adventurous side at Family Kingdom Amusement Park, an old-fashioned park featuring 30+ rides, including a wooden roller coaster, go-karts and the biggest Ferris wheel in the state.
7. Grab dinner and a show at Pirates Voyage Fun, Feast and Adventure or at Medieval Times to experience live music, acrobatic dances and special effects.
8. Test the limits of speed at NASCAR SpeedPark, where you’ll find 19 race-themed attractions, including go-karts, a SkyCoaster, kids’ rides, an arcade and more!
9. Hunt for unique souvenirs at Barefoot Landing, home to gift shops like Del Sol, Cloud Nine, Ron Jon Surf Shop, Bombay Bomba and Surf & Sand Beach Shoppe.
10. Go for a hike along the nature trails at Myrtle Beach State Park to explore unspoiled marshes and natural wildlife.
As an added bonus, the crowds at many of these attractions thin out during the winter months, so you and your companions can spend less time waiting in line and more time on rides, laughing out loud or reconnecting with natural wonders.